Przejdź do głównej zawartości

Pablo Picasso


PABLO PICASSO
Pablo Picasso was born on 25th of October 1881 in Malada and lived for 92 years, quite a long time. His father was an art teacher and a good drawer so he quickly discovered his son's big talent and started to push him to go to an art school.

Not all people know how good he actually was. Most of them look at his cubist paintings (like Guernica and Women from Avignon) and wonder why it's so famous and what is genius in them. For some people they look like paintings made by children from kindergarten. But at the beginning of his career he was a naturalistic painter. Here are some of his works from that time. Guess what, he painted “The old fisherman” when he was only 14. 
        






  Portrait of an artist’s mother 1896                                                           "The old fisherman" 1895 

  





                 "Science and Charity" 1897 












In 1900 Pablo and his friend Carlos Casagemasa moved to France to continue art education. There his friend committed suicide. After that Pablo was devastated and in mourning. He started  his "blue period" (1901-1903) to express his grief. In this specific time he painted essentially monochromatic paintings usually in shades of blue and blue-grey.


   
 "The old guitarist" 1903                                                              "La Vie"
 "La Vie" (Life) is a final painting from the blue period. He cures from the trauma and closes the period.

In 1904 he starts short rose period (lasts only to 1905) which is now the most admired  and  paintings from it are the most expensive from the whole Picasso’s masterpieces  collection. The name of this time came from Picasso’s heavy use of pink tones in his works.


In 1905 Picasso paints his first "cubist" painting. It’s the portrait of Gertrude Stein in which he simplifies geometrically her face. Gertrude was in this time a famous patron of art.

In 1907 he visited an exhibition of postimpressionist artists where he saw Cezanne's works. Inspired by that he paints "Les demoiselles d'Avignon" which officially starts cubist period in his art.

                                                       "Les demoiselles d'Avignon" 1907
I decided to stop here. I thought that it could be quite interesting if I'd just write about how Pablo Picasso came to the cubist style. Because his earlier paintings aren't so famous as the cubist and surrealistic ones but they are also amazing and valuable for me. Maybe I'll continue the plot in the next posts, I haven't decided yet.
All in all, I really appreciate the artist because not only was he great because of his skills of the craft but also he kind of created his own way to express himself and to  transform reality. I also draw a little and for me it's really hard to move from what I see to something different and still looking good.
Sources:
http://mesosyn.com/pp-early.html
http://eszkola.pl/jezyk-polski/pablo-picasso-2121.html
https://pl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Picasso





Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Reflction 1

  Last week when i was at my friend's house we were really depressed about the end of the holidays. While we where talking about school we figured out that maybe our usual lack of energy on the school year is related to the weather. If you think about it when we're studing it's nearly always on the cold seasons exept September, June and sometimes May. Therefore in countries where the weather is warmer students should have more energy to study. Maybe it is casused by vitamin D deficiency which is normally produced when we are on sun.

Reflection 5

Every time I am in a modern art gallery I meet at least one person who don't know how they got in that place. They feel uncomfortable with the fact that they don't get artist intention and simply don't understand the meanings of these works of art. In the past artists had to follow specific rules which were created through the years. Basically they used to copy famoust art gurus all the time and just changed some details but the idea and topic of the painting was the same. It is also caused by the fact that old paintings are all very realistic so we know what are we looking at but from the time that impressionism appeared in the art world it started to be more complicated. I think that we should be more educated about modern art to be able to interprate it without so much effort. We should also have more guides in museum and art galleries who can tell us more about works of art.

Reflection 3

Last week my mum told me that maybe I like chemistry because I have it in my genes. My grandfather and grandmother were chemists so that was what she ment. After that I started thinking what actually has influence on our interests and talents and then who we become in the future. I think it is mostly an individual matter but also people surrounding us has a huge impact on this. First of all, usually we like subject not only because we're interested in this topic but also because of our teachers. It's them who makes us being motivated to learn more. Second of all, I think that our parents do have some sort of impact on our future jobs. It can be negative because e.g we want to be different from them and have completely different job or we are amazed by what they do so we want to follow their steps.   On the other hand maybe we are born with talents and we just develop them during our lives. It can't be just a coincident that there are families which members chose the same...